|photo courtesy of James & Ronda|
Sadly this whole blog idea came to fruition after this dress was constructed, so I only have photos of it finished. The pattern link above is very detailed and wonderful, however, so I'll skip to the embroidery part of my process.
Like most of my newer Norse creations, I used the Vandyke stitch on all the seams. To secure the seam allowances on either side of the Vandyke, I used stem stitch. I'm really loving this stitch and the nice line it creates. Before this garment I would've used running stitch which has more opportunity for error, in my opinion.
|close up of a strap|
|inside view of strap attachment|
|inside view of front loop|
|stem stitch along the top|